Monday, February 28, 2011

Starcraft (original)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXgxnVpRBU&playnext=1&list=PLF9226B77F797043B (if the link is not working type in The Entire Starcraft 1 Story - Episode I P1/4) Starcraft is a PC RTS (real time strategy) game. In the game you control one of three races, the zerg, terran(humans), and the protoss. Your goal can be any number of things from bringing a character somewhere, protecting a certain unit or simply taking out all your opponents. Starcraft features decent graphics and includes mission briefings in the single player campaign. I honestly credit Starcraft's briefings with the reason why I can read decently today since you could actually see the words on the screen while they were talking. The avatars of the characters in the briefings even show emotion when it fits the conversation so they aren't just pixels on a screen doing actions.

3 comments:

  1. I never played starcraft, but my friend tells me I'm a loser if I never play it. Since the second one just came out, I'm considering getting it. He says I should. It does look pretty cool, and I do like games where you control units, buildings, and growth like in age of empires III. I hear only the best from this game, so I'd expect it to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in school, Starcraft was my favorite game. I understand that it was a waste of time and did not have any value. However, it was something that helped me to take my stress away, relax. From technological perspective, this game was a rather revolutionary innovation in the world of computer games. It allowed people to use the web and to play against each other. In addition, this game changed the life of one of my friends – he became a computer game engineer, and became a real professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strategic games are the boring I must say in my person opinion. I do want to think about my strategic moves in video games. I all want are action and response games. I will not doubt that there is key thinking involve in games like these, but if I am playing a video game I want it to fast pace. The games do remind me of chess which I enjoy. I know it is like chess, but I still think the strategic video games are a bit slow.

    ReplyDelete