Monday, February 28, 2011

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG2FqsybwaA (if link is not working type in The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Walkthrough Part 1) This video shows the N64 version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the 5th and final game from the past that will be discussed here. Ocarina of Time is an action-adventure game that takes place in two different times since the player can go from Young to Adult Link or vice versa by something as simple as picking up or putting back the Master Sword. The story of Ocarina of Time is amazing and even when that is done there is still a lot of things to do. Many still think of it as one of the greatest games of all time despite it being slightly over a decade old. This game to me means that no matter how "old" a game is it can still be up there with the best of them.

5 comments:

  1. This was one of the first 3-D games that I ever tried to play, all the games I played before you could only move up and down, or left and right. I did not have the Nintendo64, so I tried it at my cousin’s house. The Legend of Zelda is my favorite Nintendo game, but back then I was not good at moving in the 3-D game so I didn’t like it. I still have my Super Nintendo and still play The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite legend of zelda games too. It's not just because people say it is, but because it truly was a great game when it came out. And it still is great, by all means. They make great games now, but somehow they're missing something that these older classics did a great job at. It could be the story, it could be the attention to detail, but I agree, this is one of the games that changed gaming history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be true for things such as books, movies and music. Shakespear, Starwars, and Bach will always be relevant. However in a genre as new as video games, I do not think it has reached this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Zelda series is a mystical one that tries to play to a hyperbole storyline. It puts a person in a fantasy world that could or could not exist. It is a virtual book series were the player is introduce to the main protagonist, the antagonist, and the companion all in the beginning of the game. I like the game because it brings certain heroic moral values. Many video games not just Zelda are often similar to books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to kown this kind of game. I seldom to play vedio game. i may try this one after finishing this school. thanks for this information.

    ReplyDelete